- Technical Information
- [FA Mechanical Parts] Machined Plates
- Design Guidelines
- Shape Disparity between 3D Model and Finish
Shape Disparity between 3D Model and Finish
In general, the product will be true to the 3D CAD data. However, in the following cases, there may be differences between the 3D CAD data and the actual product.
Internal/External Sharp Corners
If an external corner is sharp or is less than C0.5, the finish will be as follows:
· External corner C0.1 to 0.5 or less
For internal sharp corners, the finish will be as follows:
· Internal corner R0.1 to R0.5 or less
The bottom shape of the blind hole
- Even if the bottom of the model is flat, the finished product may be a cone shape due to processing characteristics, and vice versa. This may cause the hole to penetrate, interfere with other shape elements, deform, or bulge.
- If not acceptable, please fill the comment field of hole information instructions with “hole diameter(Φ), depth, flat bottom” and request a manual quotation from meviy support. We will shortly provide you a formal quotation.
Pilot Hole for Tapped/Precision Hole
The pilot-hole depth may not be machined exactly as shown in the model, and if the effective depth (h) exceeds the reference value [model depth minus pilot-hole remaining depth] the pilot hole may penetrate through and interfere with other shape elements.
The pilot-hole diameter may also not be machined exactly as shown in the model.
|Pilot-hole depth reference value = pitch × 2.5 + 2 mm|
|Pilot-hole remaining depth reference value = 2.7 mm|