- Technical Information
- [FA Mechanical Parts] Sheet Metal Parts
- Accuracy and Machining Specifications
- About Hairline Direction
About Hairline Direction
- EN 1.4301 equiv.(single-sided hairline finish) has a hairline finish on the main appearance surface. (See the figure on the right)
- The polishing direction of the hairline finish is called the “hairline direction,” and in the meviy sheet metal service, the longitudinal direction of the unfolded drawing created by expanding the 3D model shape is used as the hairline direction.
- If you would like to use a different direction, please contact meviy support for a quote.
Logic to determine the longitudinal direction of the development
Calculates the maximum rectangle of the unfolded drawing, and develops horizontally in the direction of the longest side of the rectangle.
Shape with arbitrary hairline direction
In some cases, the maximum rectangle of the unfolded drawing is not defined, or the longest side of the rectangle cannot be defined (See the figure on the right.). For such shapes, the hairline direction is optional, and you can specify the desired direction in the quotation in meviy support.
Effects on unfolded dimension calculation
- The effect of expansion due to bending must be taken into account when calculating the unfolded dimensions for manufacturing.
- In the case of EN 1.4301 equiv.(single-sided hairline), the expansion is about twice the thickness of the plate at each bending point, so the unfolded dimensions become shorter by that amount. As a result, please note that the longitudinal direction in the 3D model and the unfolded drawing may be switched. (See the figure on the right)